Re: automated PPL

On 2003-11-15T12:00-0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
) On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 07:00:19PM -0500, Daniel Reed wrote:
) >I am going to start testing a new script to pull out package proposals from
) >cygwin-apps messages. I have a couple small requests that hopefully will not
) >be too intrusive.
) Should we make a package submittal web form which guarantees the kind of
) formatting that you need?
)
) Hmm.  I guess if we made a form, you wouldn't have to parse email messages
) at all.

Yeah, I just didn't want to cramp anyone's style [too much]. One of the most
tedious things I have to do when I release a new version of naim is go to
freshmeat, TUCOWS, etc. and navigate to/fill out forms to announce the new
release.

I was actually in the process of writing a template to use in an online form
when I realized how "simple" the structure really was, and decided it would
probably be just as easy to parse the messages as to ask people to fill out
Yet Another Form.

If anyone *would* prefer to have an online form to generate the message to
cygwin-apps (and possibly the message to cygwin-announce once the update has
been accepted), that's certainly something I can look into as well.

--
Daniel Reed <n@ml.org>	http://naim-users.org/nmlorg/	http://naim.n.ml.org/
fools. -- Douglas Adams, Novelist