Re: [ITP] xemacs: A powerful, highly customizable open source text editor and application development system

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 09:52:20PM +0100, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:

>    Charles> BTW, XEmacs-on-cygwin can be built in two ways: "native MS windowing"
>    Charles> and "X11 windowing".  The current cygwin version of XEmacs distributed
>    Charles> by them is "native MS windowing", so it obviously gets more testing
>    Charles> that X11-on-cygwin (I haven't built it in X11 mode for several years).
>
>I know.
>I' m building and using it successfully since cygwin-b19.
>xemacs-21.0-b43 beta is the first version I know which worked fine for
>me.  A very helpfull person, I think his name was Christopher Faylor,
>made my life worthwhile in that snapshot time periods :-)

Yes, Volker has been a tremendous help to cygwin for years with his
clear, well researched bug reports.  He's really helped improve cygwin,
especially in the above timeframe.  It's always a pleasure to see one of
his messages.

Volker, I'm happy that you're willing to donate this and other packages
to the distribution.