Re: [ITP] elinks-0.9.0

Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:

3- Sites which use compression (like Slashdot) may hang it.

"Received 21 KiB of 41 KiB, speed 27 KiB/s"

and it stays here forever.

slashdot.org works for me. No problems. Got any other sites that I can try it with? Give me exact URLs so that I don't accidentally point to version of the site that doesn't have compression enabled.

I could reproduce it opening freshmeat.net. I tried 3 times and it always stayed at "Received 9.0KiB, speed 23 KiB/s". The same with 0.4.3.

I'm not used to gdb, but using 'attach' and 'where' didn't
help. Do you know what the right commands are ?

Well, freshmeat.net worked just after it got updated. But I can
reproduce it at
http://interviews.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/08/18/1229216

Works just fine for me.

Are you sure that the page is not finishing loading and that you are just seeing a problem with the screen updating? The screen updating doesn't work well in elinks, nor in links (at least on Cygwin); I have noticed in both programs that the wrong lines on the screen are highlighted for entry boxes and that various regions of the screen are not cleaned up when the screen changes. I wouldn't doubt it if you are seeing the page load but that the status line doesn't get wiped on your screen. Is that what is happening, or is the page never even rendered?

Harold