Re: Minires-0.98-1: a test package ready to upload

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Jan 21 21:08, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> > Attention maintainers making use of minires:
> >
> > I have a new test version, minires-0.98, which interfaces to the
> > built-in Windows resolver, on systems starting with Windows 2000.
>
> Cool!
>
> Is there some sort of debug mode which I could switch on so that
> I can see which set of functions it uses?

You can use the RES_DEBUG bit in the state "options" member to get
debug output on stderr. Set it before calling res_init() to watch
the initialization phase (registry lookup etc..).

If you "make try" in the source package, you get try_stat.exe and
try_dll.exe. You can then type "try_xxx domain type" to exercise
minires with debugging enabled and see all the details
(e.g. "try_stat cygwin.com 15" to get the MX records).

The new Windows interface simply maps the res_nquery() call into
the DnsQuery() Windows call with flag DNS_QUERY_TREAT_AS_FQDN.
It also uses DnsRecordListFree().

Pierre