Re: Heads-up: postinstall scripts and PATH (Attn all package maintainers)

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 07:21, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> Rob,

> However, the postinstall scripts did fail to run correctly (for some
> reason or another), and I just assumed that this was the reason.  Even if
> it isn't, the scripts still needs to be fixed, IMO.

Ok, so the question is why didn't they run? Was the path wrong for the
script (note it will be the windows PATH, perhaps the startup logic
getting a cygwin PATH from that had a hernia, or some problem before
/etc/password etc was together...

But we don't need to 'fix' all scripts IMO.

Rob