Re: ITP moratorium

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 03:56:13PM -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> >On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> >
> >> [snip]
> >> But it's also a shame that http://cygwin.com/ported.html contains so
> >> many broken or outdated links. Can I go through it and submit a diff ?
> >
> >You most certainly can.  Whether it'll be accepted is another story --
> >I'll let CGF answer that one.
>
> Oh, I'd *much* rather have an outdated, inaccurate web page at
> cygwin.com.  It fits in with my image.
>
> But seriously, of course we want to know about changes.  Any diffs should
> be against the source file for this page, however, which is article.db.

OK, I thought it was ports.html. But taking a close look at
article.db, it seems everything that goes to ports.html
was or is in index.html ?

Example:

Title:  BerkeleyDB 4.0

A more recent version is in Cygwin. Not to mention the link is
broken.

Frankly, I'd just get rid of all such news (the last was 6
months ago, and most are from 3-4 years ago) and only keep your
"New Cygwin DLL" announcements.

Or move it to a separate page, because there are so many ported
application that it doesn't make much sense to only announce a
dozen.

--
http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html