Re: ANNOUNCE: cygbug - generic bug reporting tool (like Debianreportbug)

    On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 10:06:04PM +0200, Jari Aalto+mail.linux wrote:
    >This is 2nd version of the cygbug/reportbug utility for Cygwin.  It has
    >been modeled after Debian reportbug(1) and includes almost all its
    >features including A WNPP pseudo bug reports.  See further below what
    >WNPPs are.

    Eventually, the cygwin project will be using bugzilla.  I don't
    know now this package interrelates with bugzilla but since you
    haven't received any votes for this package, I think it's
    premature to be "announcing" it, in any event.

    cgf

The first version was a pure Emacs solution. Someone expressed that
not all were familiar with it, so I added command line version.  which
uses user preferred $VISUAL editor.

Here are some pictures, in case they express the idea better than
the words in previous mail.

a) the command line version (using bash + $VISUAL + ssmtp):

  http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/cygbug/cygbug-cmd-line-beg.jpg
  http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/cygbug/cygbug-cmd-line-end.jpg

b) the Emacs interface, if Emacs is installed:

  http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/cygbug/cygbug-emacs.jpg

It can be used to deliver messages to upstream developers concerning
cygwin related bugs. It can also be used to send patches to other
Cugwin developer (I just sent one to ssmtp maintainer). The WNPP could
help handling package maintenance by offering it for grabs, abandoning
package, taking package manitenance ...)

Jari

--
http://tiny-tools.sourceforge.net/
Swatch @time   http://www.mir.com.my/iTime/itime.htm