Re: ITP moratorium still in effect?

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 03:05:11PM -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> >Is the ITP moratorium declared in
> ><http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2004-03/msg00036.html> still in effect?
>
> Nope.  Daniel's back.  Sorry that I never made that clear.
>
> I'd also like to see a formal justification for why a package
> should be included, remembering that we have a "software" web
> page at cygwin.com which can be used to advertise packages
> that aren't quite up to snuff for the cygwin release.  I
> think we have accepted a couple of packages here which really
> only deserve to be advertised on the web site.

How do you submit something now that
http://cygwin.com/ported.html doesn't contain any form ?

I'd like to get smartmontools
(http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/) added so it gets more
testing, and when the time comes (after extensive testing from
other users), Christian (the Windows porter) may become
interested in submitting an ITP.

--
http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html