Re: Postgresql and cygserver

Hi Jason,

On Mar 26 21:58, Jason Tishler wrote:
> Sorry for the delay, but I was on vacation.

no worries.  I hope you enjoyed them.

> On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 03:58:45PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > can we expect a new postgresql package soon, which uses the IPC
> > functions from cygserver instead of cygipc?
>
> I'm also starting a new job on Monday, so my free time will be even more
> scarce than it usually is.  Nevertheless, I will try to release a
> PostgreSQL package built against cygserver as soon as possible.

That would be nice, thank you.

> BTW, is anyone interested in becoming the Cygwin PostgreSQL maintainer?
> I haven't used PostgreSQL since 7/01. :,(  I'm willing to help get the
> new maintainer up to speed...

I guess you should post a heads-up to find somebody on the cygwin
mailing list.  If you step down and nobody steps up, we would have
to pull postgresql from the distro.  Though I'm not using it either,
I think that would be a set-back for the distro.

Red Hat, Inc.