Re: Postgresql and cygserver

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 11:46:20AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Mar 26 21:58, Jason Tishler wrote:
> > Nevertheless, I will try to release a PostgreSQL package built
> > against cygserver as soon as possible.
>
> That would be nice, thank you.

I tried over the weekend, but found a SEGV problem under 1.5.9.  Then, I
tried the latest CVS and was bitten by the current cygheap problem.  I
was not able to get past this problem in the limited time I had... :,(

> > BTW, is anyone interested in becoming the Cygwin PostgreSQL
> > maintainer?  I haven't used PostgreSQL since 7/01. :,(  I'm willing
> > to help get the new maintainer up to speed...
>
> I guess you should post a heads-up to find somebody on the cygwin
> mailing list.

I will post to cygwin@ and pgsql-cygwin@ to see if I can find a victim,
I mean, volunteer. :,)

> If you step down and nobody steps up, we would have to pull postgresql
> from the distro.

Understood.

> Though I'm not using it either, I think that would be a set-back for
> the distro.

Agreed, which is why I continue to maintain it even though I haven't
used it for a long time.

Jason