Re: [ITP] apr, apr-util

max wrote:
APR is the Apache Portable Runtime. APR-util is an addon package to APR
containing non-core useful features.

Both are required by Subversion.

I have prototype packages installed on my machine right now. I'll make apr,
then apr-util, sequentially available for review once my previous ITP (neon)
has finished the review process. Meanwhile, I'm posting this ITP to solicit
votes.

Max,

You are treading on another maintainer's domain, as the apr runtime is part of Apache2. Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with Stipe's handling of apache, he's still the maintainer. The last time I heard, Stipe was still fixing serious bugs with the Apache2 server, which I guess is why it isn't working yet on Cygwin. Since you can just as easily build subversion with a static apr, I don't see any need for this additional packaging.

Cheers,
Nicholas