Re: [ITP] atk-1.6.1-1 (close but NOT YET)

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

| Hello,
|
| I want to contribute/maintain ATK.
| Canonical website: http://www.gtk.org/

Here's a quick review.

Source package:  I think --disable-gtk-doc (instead of enable) should be
used for now for *ALL* packages, at least until (if) we get the gtk-doc
toolchain in the distro (which I personally think is _low_ priority, as
all packages can be built without it).

Your patch includes changes to the whole docs directory, presumably
coming from using gtk-doc.  Doing as above should reduce the size of the
patch.

Although not a showstopper, I think "-no-undefined" should be added to
libteststateset_la_LDFLAGS and libtestrelation_la_LDFLAGS in
atk-1.6.1/tests/Makefile.am (before running autoreconf).

With the changed config flags, the source package builds fine, and the
binary package layout looks good.

| Runtime package setup.hint:
| ===
| category: Libs Devel
| requires: cygwin libiconv2 libintl2 glib2
| sdesc: "low-level core library - runtime library"
| ldesc: "ATK is the low-level core library that forms the basis
| of GTK+ and GNOME. It provides the accessibility API in GNOME."
|

| Devel package setup.hint:
| ===
| category: Libs Devel
| requires: glib2
| sdesc: "headers and import libraries for ATK"

You need to add "external-source: atk" here.

| Doc package setup.hint:
| ===
| category: Libs Devel Doc
| sdesc: "HTML docs and manpages for ATK"

Ditto.

Once the above are fixed, post to the list, and I'd be willing to review
it again (hopefully after this it'll be gtg).

Yaakov