Re: Pine maintainer gone (Re: Wrapping long lines (Was Re: FAQ updatesuggestion for "I'm having basic problems with find. Why?"))

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004, Eduardo Chappa wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Brian E. Gallew wrote:
>
> :) > On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 11:37:10AM -0700, Eduardo Chappa wrote:
> :) [random, pointless verbiage deleted]
> :)
> :) Chris, can we just *plonk* this idiot already?
>
> Is this what you call meanness of this list?, you have a lot to learn
> about being mean.
>
> In any case, I am not interested in continuing this thread, and for that
> matter any thread in this list.
>
> What the developers (of cygwin) understand about e-mail makes me wonder a
> lot about the project as a whole and I do not want to be part of it
> anymore.
>
> Chris or whoever is in charge, please discontinue me as maintainer of the
> Pine program in Cygwin. Look for another sucker (in a good sense). I will
> unsubscribe from this list, so don't bother replying, I won't see it.

Eduardo,

I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving.  Although it's a long-standing
Usenet tradition to have some clueless trolls (e.g., BEG above) on every
mailing list or newsgroup, it doesn't make it any easier to take their
hostile posts, so I understand and respect your decision, though I'm not
happy about it.  You are a good contributor to Cygwin, if not always with
orthodox opinions. :-)

I also apologize for having disregarded the Reply-To header this one time,
but as I'm planning to try to find the time to pick up the pine
maintainership, I thought you'd like to know about it.  If you have any
details or pointers on building and maintaining pine, please feel free to
send them via private mail.  For example, I'm sure there are some reasons
for not updating pine to the newly-released 4.60, which I'm hoping you'd
share.

Thanks,
	Igor
P.S. Would it be a good idea to coordinate with Abe Backus regarding using
the pine source package as the external source for the UW-IMAP* packages?
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu