Seeking initial reactions: Moving setup from CVS to Subversion?

At some point in the medium-to-long-term future, I'd quite like to move the setup code from CVS to Subversion.

Partly, that's because of all the little improvements subversion brings over cvs, but a notable concrete benefit subversion would bring is the ability to moves of files easily, without breaking up lines of history. This would be of great value, because setup would benefit from refactoring into one or more utility libraries, a core installation logic library, and one or more user interfaces - i.e. GUI and TUI. The ability to make subdirectories and move files into them, with ease, and without making it hard to access historical versions is key to making this feasible.

If this is to proceed, I believe I'll need to contact the sourceware overseers and discuss whether there would be any obstacles to setting up subversion on sources.redhat.com .

Right now, though, I'm just looking for initial reactions.

I certainly wouldn't be proposing to start moving on this until after Subversion 1.1 is released, packaged for cygwin, and has had a little real world soak time - that would be about 2 months from now.

Max.