ITP: mathomatic-11.3d (was Re: Call for a volunteer)

George Gesslein II schrieb:
I have developed the portable CAS "Mathomatic" (www.mathomatic.com) and
have created a makefile for Cygwin.  I am running Linux and do not have
Cygwin, and I was wondering if anyone would like to submit this program
to the Cygwin package archive.

George John Gesslein II
http://www.mathomatic.com

George: builds and works fine. configure would be nice. may we ask you to rename the basedir from "am" to "mathomatic-11.3d"? this our naming scheme we use. see http://cygwin.com/setup.html

However, the binary winamp.zip distribution at your site requires a link to the sources which he (Gordon McKinney) used to build. The cygwin, readline and ncurses sources also!
See
Best would be to remove the cgywin binaries from this zip and just link in the README to http://cygwin.com/ with the instruction to click on setup.exe, and install the minimum plus libreadline5 and libncurses7 and the mathomatic package.

cygwin:

I would like to contribute and maintain the cygwin-port of the mathomatic package:

Source : <http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/software/cygwin/mathomatic/mathomatic-11.3d-1-src.tar.bz2>
Binary : <http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/software/cygwin/mathomatic/mathomatic-11.3d-1.tar.bz2>
setup.hint : <http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/software/cygwin/mathomatic/setup.hint>

To quote from the web page:

Mathomatic is a highly portable, general purpose CAS (Computer Algebra System) written entirely in C. It is open-source (GNU LGPL license) and may be distributed. This is a console mode application that compiles and runs under any operating system with a C compiler. It has been under development since 1986 and now stands at 14,000 lines of code. The author is George Gesslein II, with help from the community. The current version number is "11.3d".

It is licensed under the LGPL 2.1

This is just the mathomatic client from the mathomatic package, based on work from Gordon McKinney.
Not distributed are the samples for prime number generation:
twin, sumsq, primes and around. If you want these also, get the src packages and compile them by yourself.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/