Re: Seeking initial reactions: Moving setup from CVS to

Hi Reini,

Reini Urban <rurban@x-ray.at> writes:
> the revisions are kept solely in the ,v file.  moving that will not
> let you loose anything.

You'll not loose the history (if you know where to look for the file
at the new place), I understood that.  But when you check out older
versions (by tag or by date), the file will now checkout at it's new
position.  So typically, older versions of the package would not build
anymore, because the makefiles can't find the sources.

Leaving a copy at the old place doesn't cost anything.  OTOH usually
additional files (at the new place) are not a problem, they are just
ignored by the old build.  Or it's at least easier to just remove them
from the sandbox, than it is to go hunting for files that have been
completely moved.

Am I missing something?

benny