Re: Gerrit: plans for Gnome 2.6

Yaakov schrieb:

> Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> |
> | libbonobo includes no documentation in the version I used, I need to
> | figure out if it is the wrong tarball.  Besides that it is ready to
> | go.

> I don't think a lack of API docs is a showstopper.

Me too, since the build seems to be broken in the source directory (or
probably my setup is broken).

> | I have also built gconf, gnome-mime-data, gnome-vfs, libgnome,
> | libglade, libgnomecanvas, gail and libgtkhtml and finally was able to
> | build and run GIMP above these.

> Sounds pretty good.  You were able to get GConf working properly?  I
> know some patches are needed, but even CyGnome2 was having problems with
> this.

Well, I have errors in the testsuite for gnome-vfs, don't know if GConf
is the reason for that.

> | But there are failing tests for gnome-vfs.  I need some help to track
> | down the reason and fix the gnome-vfs errors.

> How about getting everything until gnome-vfs up; it'll make it easier
> for others to work with you on this.

Well, the first are are interesting because they are the next on the
installation order listing. The latter two (gail is needed for
libgtkhtml) are needed for the GIMP helpbroser, but GIMP builds without
it as well.

installation order listing:
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.6/notes/rninstallation.html

I'm missing shared-mime-info in my repository, do you eventually have
that handy / ready for upload?

I have intltool already uploaded, but not moved to pub/cygwin/release
yet.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=