Re: Can upset handle more than one prev: tag?

Igor schrieb:

> On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

>> Christopher schrieb:

>> > I'm surprised that setup.exe has no problems with more than one prev
>> > but upset only maintains one level, so any setup.hint -> setup.ini
>> > translation will eat extra prev's.
>>
>> > Why do you think you need multiple previous versions?
>>
>> I stillkeep perl-5.6.1 at the mirrors for people who don't believe that
>> the new perl-5.8 is ok.  Now I have updated to 5.8.5 and removed 5.8.2
>> but got complaints because the postgres perl extension is linked against
>> 5.8.2 DLL.  I need to rethink the package naming if it is not possible
>> to get mroe than one prev tag into setup.ini (automatically, as
>> mentioned it works well with setup.exe).
>>
>> Gerrit

> Is there any reason why we can't have a perl561 or perl_5_6_1 package?
> It can definitely co-exist with perl-5.8.*, the library is already
> versioned, and the executables can have the 561, 5.6.1, or _5_6_1
> suffix...
>         Igor

Yes, there is no reason to not rename the packages.  I'll prepare an
update ASAP.  Anyway, upset could be extended to handle several tags of
one type since setup already does it.  Why not keep more than one
previous or several (different) test versions?

Gerrit
--
=^..^=