[ITP] ocaml-3.08.1-1

Hi all,

I would like to contribute and maintain ocaml
<http://caml.inria.fr/ocaml/distrib.html>.

http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/cygwin/ocaml/ocaml-3.08.1-1-src.tar.bz2
http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/cygwin/ocaml/ocaml-3.08.1-1.tar.bz2
http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/cygwin/ocaml/setup.hint (also inline below)

sdesc: "The Objective Caml compiler and runtime"
ldesc: "Objective Caml is a fast modern type-inferring functional
programming language descended from the ML (Meta Language)
family.  The O'Caml compiler was developed at INRIA's projet
Cristal."
requires: cygwin libncurses7
category: Interpreters Devel

Notes:

- O'Caml builds OOTB, but needed a couple of tweaks to be used with the
  generic-build-script.  Mainly these included patching the configure
  scripts to use $(DESTDIR), and adding lnconf.sh to allow building
  outside of the source directory.

- This is a monolithic package that includes two compilers: the bytecode
  compiler and the native compiler.  Each compiler also exists in two
  versions -- bytecode and native (i.e., each compiler was built with the
  bytecode compiler and the native compiler, in turn).  It also includes
  all the libraries and packages in /usr/lib/ocaml, including "labltk".
  If necessary, it could be split later.

- There was no testsuite in the distribution.  The best test I could think
  of was bootstrapping the system, first via the bytecode compiler, and
  then via the native compiler.  Everything worked.  AFAIK, the "labltk"
  package wasn't tested at all, so use at your own risk.

Comments and suggestions welcome.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/