Re: Some troubles encounted in preparing an official package

Hallo Yang,

Am Mittwoch, 8. September 2004 um 16:36 schriebst du:

> Hi, all

> I'm tring to build sylpheed-claws, a powerful mail client using gtk as
> GUI toolkit,
> with the glib/gtk packages from the official release. But I haven't
> made an official package , thus some questions come to my world:

> 1. When using generic-build-scrpit, I found usually ${objdir} is set
> to ${srcdir}/.build,
> but sylpheed-claws seems could not be build successfully in this way.
> Is the case common? Or I just missed something?

It is common.  Use lnconf.sh, put it into the srcdir and add the line
'sh $srcdir/lnconf.sh' before configure is called (and change to
./configure instead of calling it in the srcdir), this creates all
directories and links all files from the subdirectory:
http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/packaging/templates/lnconf.sh?cvsroot=cygwin-apps

> 2. Need all patches be generated on .am files and use automake to
> re-generate the .in files(such as Makefile.in, etc)?  In the past when
> porting applications for cygnome and cygnome2, I used some workaround
> on .in files.  But seem that some 'tricks'  could not be applied on
> Makefile.am.

Since the new automake and libtool needs to be compatible, I always
change the .am files and then run
'autoreconf --force --install --verbose' to get them updated and to
get the new libtool.

> 3. Sylpheed-claws have many plugins. One of them,
> spamassassin_gtk.dll, depends on another plugin spamassassin.dll.
> When assign '-module' to LDFLAGS of these two modules, 'libtool
> --mode=install'   could not install spamassassin_gtk.dll sucdessfully
> (see errors attached below)  I had to add option --ignore-errors to
> 'make install'. Is that allowed in g-b-s?

As long as the application works, all is allowed.  Is a shared library
installed and can you verfiy it is working?

Gerrit
--
=^..^=