Re: Pre-ITP: apache/mod_php

Hello,

>>> What is the general rule of thumb with the shared lib and CLI & CGI
>>> executables?  Put all global objects in the library, put the sapi
>>> objects into the CGI exe and the CLI objects in the CLI exe?

>> before some time the cli and cgi exe have been the same. they just
>> seperated it lately, so that the cli is smaller and faster. no special
>> server env's, fastcgi support.  cgi has the -b switch, and cli got the
>> PHP_MODE_CLI_DIRECT mode.

>> all exe and sapi modules should just the use main shared
>> /usr/bin/cygphp4.dll (or php4ts.dll as it is called on the windows side)

> What are the main objects for the CGI exe and for the CLI exe?

It works with cgi_main.c:

$ sapi/cgi/php.exe -v
PHP 5.0.1 (cgi-fcgi) (built: Sep 23 2004 21:30:16)
Copyright (c) 1997-2004 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.0.1, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies

Will do the same for the client.  Then we have all in the main library
with some included modules (zlib, pcre, libxml), the rest are external
modules.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=