Re: [ITP] clamav-0.75.1-1 - A GPL virus scanner

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 12:53:54AM +0200, Lapo Luchini wrote:

>Reini Urban wrote:
>>> Why do we need a windows UI?  Why isn't the *nix one sufficient?
>> And then the pythonwin stuff from www.clamwin.net, which is based on
>> cygwin. (they do have the cygwin src there)
>
>If only all the "great programs out there" that use cygwin DIDN'T use a
>local copy of the cygwin1.dll but at least they checked for an existing
>cygwin installation from the installed itself... (the check is
>straightforward I guess, ccecking the registry for the correct keys).

Would you check for registry keys on UNIX?

A fairly straightforward unix-like way to check would be to look for
"/bin".  A less straightforward but more foolproof way would be to check
the mount table with getmntent.  If there is no mount table then there's
no cygwin.

Neither of those is going to verify if there are 27 copies of the DLL
sitting around, though.