Re: setup for all users

Le jeu 07/10/2004 Ã 13:05, Max Bowsher a Ãcrit :
> Jens Wilken wrote:
> > I made some changes to the setup to allow commandline configuration for
> > all user changeable settings (except package selection).
> > We use this extended setup for automatic installations, so the user has
> > no chance to change the expected settings and cause horrible things ;)
> > Is someone interested in the patch?
>
> Please!
>
> We can try to merge it into the official setup if you are willing.

I'm doing more or less the same thing, i run setup in completely quiet
mode specifying all i want and it is working well.

You must run :
setup.exe  -q -n -5 -L -R install_directory

The only thing is, as i'm using install from local directory and i want
to install everything there is in this directory, i have to modify the
setup.ini to put all the packages i had into default group to, as this
they will be installed.

But it seems that the setup is running for only user and not all user.
The solution i found was simply, after the end of the setup, copy all
entry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\
to  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\ and
this enable cygwin for every user.

Bertrand