Re: [ITP] chere

> From: Christopher Faylor
>
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 11:05:20AM -0700, Dave wrote:
> >--- Dave wrote:
> >
> >> # chere
> >> sdesc: "Cygwin Prompt Here context menus"
> >> ldesc: "Shell script to manage shell here context menus for Cygwin"
> >> category: shells utils system
> >> requires: ash cygwin sh-utils cygutils
> >>
> >> Links to where you can download. Just strip the zip and txt extensions that
> >> geocities are enforcing.
> >>
> >> http://www.geocities.com/d_inabox/chere-0.2-1.tar.bz2.zip
> >> http://www.geocities.com/d_inabox/setup.hint.txt
> >
> >New version available.
> >
> >http://www.geocities.com/d_inabox/chere-0.3-1.tar.bz2.zip
> >
> >Includes fixes CGF identified (but not applied verbatim). I've taken the
> >opportunity to restructure a bit, and add an option (-r).
> >
> >Let me know of there are still issues with running the script on XP.
> >
> >Dave.
> >
> >PS. Reini - Thanks for the offer, but for now geocities will do.
>
> I don't know.  This need to add '.zip' and '.txt' on the end of things
> seems like a good enough reason to move elsewhere.
>
> Regardless, I've uploaded this.  Thanks very much for this excellent tool.
> Get ready for another long thread about how it doesn't work on Windows CE
> and how "it would be nice if it did..."

Umm. It's just made it to a mirror near me. And it looks like the previous
version. Without your patches. I should have highlighted the update to the
version. Sorry. Can't wait for the deluge of "chere: XP failure" emails

> Please send an announcement about this ASAP to cygwin-announce.  You can
> use http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2004-10/msg00011.html
> as a guide, if you are so inclined, or you can roll your own.

Holding off until 0.3-1 makes it to the mirrors

> (and please think about the man page.  :-))

Never written one before, so it'll take me a bit to figure out what I'm doing.
But I'll give it a go for the next iteration or so.

Dave.