Re: gcc 3.3.3 builds "corrupt" lesstif-0.93.94

Christopher Faylor wrote:

Does this mean that I should generate a new version of binutils?

Releasing a new binutils would help with the data alignment issue
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2004-09/msg00230.html
(errm...will this cause compatibility problems? I don't *think* so, but someone more informed than I should wiegh in)

However, a new binutils would not help with the .rdata issue
but the .rdata+libtool problem SHOULD be addressed by the libtool-devel-1.5.10-1 package, at a mirror near you:

There may be non-libtool-related instances where the .rdata issue is biting someone, but I haven't seen any confirmed reports of that...yet.

--
Chuck