Re: GNOME progress report (with screenshot!)

Yang Guilong wrote:

5) Floppy disk polling while running the desktop:  I'd look at either
nautilus or gnome-vfs-daemon; I'm pretty sure one of the two is the
source of that problem.

We got this problem in cygnome2. Every time nautilus calls getmntent() to read the mount table, cygwin would try to scan floppy (just as comman `mount' would do). At last I had to modified nautilus-volume-monitor.c to let get_mount_list to return NULL, in nautilus-2.4.2.

It is not in nautilus any longer, I was not able to find the correct source file when overviewing nautilus, I believe that the actual function call was moved to gnome-vfs, but hanvn't looked into this yet.

Gerrit -- =^..^=