Re: GNOME progress report (with screenshot!)

Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:

I wrote:
| 2) With any package installing bonobo servers, the .server.in.in file
| MUST be checked for any references to bonobo modules, which will usually
| be called with linux library names (libfoo-bar-view.so) (usually only
| the packages installing a module have such references in their
| .server.in.in files).  This for sure affects nautilus, but I think all
| .server.in.in should be checked just in case.

Better check libbonobo2 and gnome-vfs2 also, as they install monikers.

There is this in the bonobo server.in.in type="shlib" location="@MONIKER_LIBDIR@/libmoniker_std_2">

And this in the server.in:
type="shlib" location="/usr/lib/bonobo/monikers/libmoniker_std_2">

I assume ltdlopen() is used, then the according .la file needs to be in
place, the real DLL name in there is used then:

# The name that we can dlopen(3).
dlname='cygmoniker_std_2.dll'

If dlopen() would be used, then it should fail for lunixes as well.

gnome-vfs the same.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=