ATTN: basefiles, tcsh, zsh maintainers; chere updates to login scripts

Given Igor's assertion about windows always setting the startup
path(http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2004-10/msg00980.html), I'd like to get
the login scripts updated so that they work with chere.

In that same message Igor suggested changing the name of the variable. Unless
other scripts/programs are going to be invoking login shells in this manner, I'd
rather leave it as is.

The logic required is:
If the environment variable CHERE_INVOKING is present, do not change to the
users home directory.

Appropriate patches to the login scripts can be found in my TEST announcement
message:

I have a number of updates to chere ready to go, and hope to release next week.
You can test the updated login scripts against this new version if you wish. It
is available at:

http://www.geocities.com/d_inabox/chere-0.5-1.tar.bz2.zip

(strip the .zip extension)

Thanks,