Re: Urgent wording change needed for setup.exe

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 05:17:33PM -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>
>>>Agreed - how about "Download Only - Do Not Install", though?  I think
>>>that is a bit more attention grabbing, and "from Internet" is just a
>>>bit redundant!
>>
>>I thought the internet was redundant, too, but I thought if I didn't
>>include the word "internet" someone would insist that it was needed.
>>
>>I think that "do not install" is misleading, though.  It gives the
>>impression that the files should not be installed.  Isn't "Download
>>Without Installing" adequate?
>
>It's slightly less emphatic to my mind, but yes, it is adequate, so that's
>what I'll commit.

It is slightly less emphatic.

Another option is "Download, will not install" but that changes the tense
of the page.

Another option is to change the first option to "Download and Install"
and the second to "Download Only" just to make it really clear what is
going on.