Re: "Copyright year, year, ..." statements in setup.exe

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 06:23:51PM -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
>The "Copyright year, year, ..." have been somewhat neglected so far as
>adding additional years in concerned.
>
>Additionally, some are "Red Hat, Inc.", and others are individual
>contributors.
>
>I could use some advice on whether it is acceptable to just have a single
>identical copyright header for each file, stating "portions copyright by".
>
>When updating to include 2004, who should the attribution be to? Me? Red
>Hat?

Well, it shouldn't be you, unless you want to add a "some portions
copyright blah blah" line.

How about just changing everything to public domain?  Red Hat doesn't
really own any of that code.  I went out of my way to see to that.

Of course some of the code isn't public domain either...