New Package Proposal

I have a need to use SSH through a proxy server on occasion.

I used to use a small widget program called 'connect.exe'.  That program
isn't being actively maintained as near as I can tell.

I also use Debian Linux on another system and it has a program called
Corkscrew that does the same thing.  Mainly, it allows me to tunnel my
SSH connection through our HTTP proxy server that requires
authentication.

I downloaded the source for Corkscrew and it compiled OOTB on Cygwin.

I'd like to see it available as an official package and, since it just
works, I guess I am also volunteering to maintain it.

[setup.hint]
# no comment
@ corkscrew
sdesc: "Tunnel TCP connections through HTTP proxies"
ldesc: "Tunnel TCP connections through HTTP proxies
Corkscrew is a simple tools to tunnel TCP connections through an HTTP
proxy supporting the CONNECT method.  It reads stdin and writes to
stdout during the connection, just like netcat.

It can be used for instance to connect to an SSH server running on
a remote 443 port through a strict HTTPS proxy."
curr: 2.0
category: Net
requires: cygwin
[/setup.hint]

The Debian package maintainer has written a man page for it which I
would include with proper acknowledgement.

-Jason

PS - I apologize in advance for the legal disclaimer at the bottom of my
email message.  This is tacked on by our SMTP gateway and I have no
control over it.

Confidentiality notice:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery
of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.