Re: Update: perl-Win32-GUI, perl-libwin32

Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes schrieb:
On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 07:41:13PM +0100, Reini Urban wrote:
Reini Urban schrieb:
Suddenly Jan Dubois released an updated libwin32-0.24 at CPAN today, containing the current ActiveState status (5.8.6.811).

What should I do?
Make a new one based on this immediately, or wait a bit until
0.191 is out?

Depends on you, really. If you want to take the effort to update to the new version, despite there being little change, that would be good, but it sounds like there will be more new versions out in not that long, so waiting wouldn't hurt either.

I talked with Jan. An update will require a lot of time, because he wants to break the patch into the seperate modules, and doesn't want to use Rafael's unification.
So this will need a lot of time until all of them are applied.
Looks like I have to build a mingw perl now.

There was an unanswered request for a new clamav on the main list a week
ago.  If you aren't waiting for something upstream for that, that may
be a better use of your time.

Yep. Did it yesterday also, but aclocal/autoconf/libtool is still striking. Tomas still didn't update to use the new autoconf macro for AC_RESOLV_HEADER.
At least I built a new version, which will be uploaded soon.
freshclam has some significant enhances, and the parser is more stable.

--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/