Re: keychain and bash up for grabs?

On Mar  3 16:08, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 09:56:10PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >Karl M is interested to take over keychain, we discussed this on the
> >cygwin ML already.
>
> Yes, sorry.  I wasn't paying as close attention to the keychain discussion
> as I should have been.
>
> However, the recent (inexplicable) report that the older keychain is
> causing a crash (in bash???) makes me think that we can't wait that long
> to get a new version released.  I should have made that much clearer in
> my message.
>
> I knew that Karl might be interested and was hoping that Karl might be
> reading this mailing list.  Duh.  Gee.  I could actually have checked
> that.
>
> *pause*
>
> Nope.  He isn't.  I'm bcc'ing him.
>
> Do you really think we need to wait two weeks?  When was the last time
> Hack sent email to a cygwin mailing list?  Maybe Karl would be willing

I'm not sure for other mailing lists but Hack updated wget on 2005-01-25
which isn't too far back in time.

> to make a new release with the understanding that Hack might want his
> package back if he resurfaces again in the next two weeks?  I would just
> like to elminate a potential source of cygwin mailing list complaints.

That's ok with me.  It's just that I know from own experience that a
vacation could be quite long ;-)

[bcc'd Karl as well.  Karl:  You should subscribe to cygwin-apps if
 you're planning to maintain packages.  Wouldn't bash something for
 you too ;-)]

Red Hat, Inc.