keychain service

Hi All...

The latest keychain (2.5.1) from gentoo works fine OOB on win2k, winxp and win98. I tested it in a multi-user environment on win2k and winxp. The win98 testing was limited.

Launching keychain (ssh-agent) from a service allows it to survive log off/on.

I have migrated all of my cygwin specific work to the service script to minimize support hassle. The files are attached.

keychain-service-install is a script used to install/reinstall the keychain-service for each user that desires it. It simplifies use and documents the parameters to cygrunsrv.

keychain-service is the script that runs under cygrunsrv for each user that desires the service. It behaves well when stopped and started from the services panel, net commands and cygrunsrv commands. It also behaves well during system shutdown.

.profile is an example of what to include in ones profile to work with the keychain service.

example.bat is an example of what to include in a Windows shell script to make the ssh-agent available. This is handy when using programs that use ssh from within a Windows shell. Without the () form of the if, it works in win98 as well.

keychain-2.5.1 is a copy of the latest upstream source.

Thanks,

...Karl