screen

I'm going to try to build and package screen for Cygwin.  It's such a
useful program, I just have to try.

screen 4.0.2 won't compile OOTB in Cygwin:

gcc -c -I. -I.    -g -O2 misc.c
misc.c: In function `xsetenv':
misc.c:619: error: too few arguments to function `setenv'
make: *** [misc.o] Error 1

I haven't looked into trying to fix this yet, it may be quite simple.

There are many references to a binary of screen 4.0.2 compiled for
Cygwin, and a corresponding patch, available at
http://www.fredlwm.hpg.ig.com.br/cygwin/screen/.  But that page has gone
dark, and I can't find a cached copy of it anywhere.  If someone has the
patch that was provided there, I'd appreciate it if you'd pass it along.

If anyone else has tried and failed to build or package screen for
Cygwin, or if you know anything else about the feasibility of this
little project, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Andrew.