Re: Welcoming Brian Dessent as setup maintainer

On May  3 23:48, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> FWIW, I like the --expert option suggested by CGF.

I like the idea of having an expert and a dumm^Wstandard mode, but
I would rather see a switch in the GUI, than just in the CLI.

I think it should be possible to override dependencies on the fly and
as Igor, I'm doing that pretty often.  I don't think setup should be
degraded to a tool just for the really challenged.  After all, even
some of the better Linux GUI installer tools allow to override package
dependencies.

To say it in other words: From my point of view there's an installer
functionality which is implemented apart from the GUI and the job of
the GUI is to give GUIfied access to all installer functionality.

Red Hat, Inc.