Re: Welcoming Brian Dessent as setup maintainer

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 11:49:25PM -0600, Warren Young wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>I don't think that the option of reading "README"s should ever be
>>turned off, unless it's via a command line option.  I'd rather annoy
>>people with the prospect of documentation than casually turn it off
>>because they decided once that they didn't want to see it.
>
>At the very least, consider my versioning idea.  I shouldn't have to
>page through the same set of READMEs every time I upgrade Cygwin.

I don't think anyone is proposing having multiple pagers pop up, requiring
you to type 'q' 127 times for 127 different READMEs.  My suggestion was
either to have a dialog box which reminds people about the readmes in
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin (which would be trivial to implement) or to be
helpful and provide a screen where people can click on the readme that
they want to inspect and have it displayed automatically.