Re: Welcoming Brian Dessent as setup maintainer

Brian Dessent wrote:
Max, I'm sorry for dumping a huge change like that without
posting a patch first, but honestly a lot of it was just tedium of
making resizing sane and tweaking the dialogs.

Don't be sorry at all. :-)

trunk is supposed to be "under active development" - I think that it is perfectly OK to commit first and then discuss for any non-controversial changes.

A new test version is here:
http://dessent.net/cygwin/setup-2.490.exe

Please kick its tires for me, especially if you have win9x, and so on.
It has the dependency checking patch, which I have not yet committed
because it's not quite done.

To avoid confusion, it might be better to name the executable something that hints at it not being compiled from purely committed code.

Perhaps setup-2.490M.exe (M for modified), or setup-2.490+.exe.

Max.