Re: State of ddd and cygipc package

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Since cygserver exists for quite some time now, I'm wondering why the ddd
package still references cygipc.

I'd like to ask the ddd maintainer to come up with a new package which just
uses the cygserver IPC stuff instead of using cygipc.

yes, please.

The next step would be to either move the cygipc package into the _obsolete
(aka ZZZRemovedPackages) group, or remove it entirely.  In case of cygipc I
think that removing the package is the way to go.

I agree that one of these two options should happen, and I personally don't care if it is removed. But, having said that, I don't want someone's existing installation of their home-built "foo" package which relies on cygipc to break...

If cygipc is removed from the mirrors (and from setup.ini), setup.exe won't UNinstall it from some poor user's system and break their self-compiled "foo" package that uses cygipc, will it?

--
Chuck