Re: [ITP] Apache 2.0

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, Max Bowsher wrote:
The assumption that package name == tarball stem name is somewhat
implied by the generic-build-script system. It wouldn't be impossible to
work around, but it would be a bit weird.

FWIW, adding the original tarball name after the "=" in the line that says "export src_orig_pkg_name=" should do it. This will only make the GBS unpack that particular tarball, and will do nothing to the name of the resulting build directory.

Actually, that's not enough, sorry. You'd also need to redefine "srcdir" (since otherwise it'll be assumed to be derived from the script name), and "opt_decomp" (just set it to "j").
If the above doesn't work right, I'd like to know about it. Thanks.
This still applies, though. :-)

Thanks, those helped me to find the appropriate parts of the script, however, it wasn't a full solution.

Instead, I found it better to override $BASEPKG, and tweak some other parts of the script slightly. I have sent a patch in a new thread.

Max.