Re: Please Upload: octave-2.1.71-1

--- Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Your setup.hint "requires" isn't quite what I'd expect.  Rather than
> just giving "readline" as dependency, which pulls in 2 versions of
> libreadline and 2 versions of libncurses, could you please be more
> specific and give the exact dependencies your package needs, as,
> e.g. libreadline6 and libncurses8?

OK, renamed all dlls to *.bak, and found only libreadline6 is actually
required.

In building the program, the gcc linker commands use the flag "-lreadline".
Since both static and dynamic readline link libraries are present in /lib,
apparently the linker prefers the dynamic library, ending in .dll.a.  Is this a
correct understanding of gcc on cygwin?

BTW, this program was compiled with gcc 3.3.3, and doesn't build properly under
cygwin gcc 3.4.4 (segfaults on load).  Should those facts be noted in the
README?

Thanks,

JRP