Re: Proposal singular-3.0.0-1

Oliver Wienand wrote:

Hello

The binaries are working.  I have no Emacs installed so I cannaot
test the Emacs version.  Source package is missing, cannot try a
rebuild.

Now I have packaged the sources. They are also avaible via our small
cygwin package repository. For more Information:

http://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/~wienand/singular

The link at this site doesn't work. ftp://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/pub/Math/Singular/devel/WIN/Cygwin ^^^^ Should be: ftp://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/pub/Math/Singular/devel/WIN/cygwin

And the source file is not available:

File not found

You tried to access the address ftp://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/pub/Math/Singular/devel/WIN/cygwin/release/singular-base/singular-3.0.0-1-src.tar.bz2, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

At the moment there are only sources for Singular. Sources for surf will be available at the beginning of next week I hope.

I'll try to rebuild once I can fetch it ;)

Directory layout needs some changes, /usr/local/Singular is the
base path right now, this cannot be distributed with /usr/Singular
instead.  Binaries should go to /usr/bin, rest to /usr/share/Singular
and/or /usr/lib/Singular and docs into /usr/share/doc/Singular-3.0.0.

Is this for all Cygwin - packages required? I am asking because changing the directory layout after the root of the Singular tree would require setting a lot of envioronment variables. Changing the root directory is possible. I have just left it on usr/local/Singular/3-0-0 because prior version was using this path.

We use the standard directory layout as proposed by FHS: http://www.pathname.com/fhs/

I think setting the root to /usr should do it.

Info file is named .hlp, don't know if this is a problem for info.

I have taken all names from Linux distribution. It works fine on WinXP/WinME/Win98 and latest Cygwin. If there is a problem, renaming the file should be considerable easy.

Probably it works ok.

A further question has popped up. There is the x-icons packages and the singular-helper package does quite the same (Except the dependancies and the Base category). It is possible to store also such packages in the official cygwin mirrors?

As long as no other files are overwritten, yes.

Gerrit -- =^..^=