Re: New octave and octave-forge releases in preparation

James R. Phillips wrote:

Hi all,

I'm preparing an new release of octave which will have fftw3 as a build
dependency.  I also am going to link it with --enable-auto-image-base option.

Along with octave will go a new octave-forge release, which will inherit the
new octave linker option.  However, I have also discovered (by accident) that
octave-forge will build and install its gsl functions if gsl is installed at
the time octave-forge is built.  And the gsl maintainer has in fact expressed
some interest in having gsl supported in octave-forge.

Now is the time to speak up.  Should octave-forge support gsl?  If so, it will
become an installation dependency, as well as a build dependency.  Opinions,
please.

You are the maintainer. If you say having gsl support is useful, go ahead.

Gerrit -- =^..^=