Re: Proposal singular-3.0.0-1 (final directory structure)

Dear Gerrit Haase,

I found the reason for some of the errors I'm seeing.  There are
CPPFLAGS or CFLAGS missing, in Singular/Makefile.in I needed to add
-I. to CPPFLAGS to prevent this error:
In file included from extra.cc:52:
../kernel/feOpt.h:28:21: feOpt.inc: No such file or directory

This error also occured at my machine, but was not reproduceable. I think the problem is related to prior failing compilation rounds.

Compilation works now, however getting this warning:
Warning: .drectve `-defaultlib:uuid.lib ' unrecognized

This seems to come out of htmlhelp.lib which is binary and I cannot fix
it locally.

The htmlhelp.lib is a the Windows library for the HTML Help System. I not aware of a source to compile it from.

The same -I. needs to be added to CFLAGS in modules/modgen/Makefile.in
because of this error:
misc.cc:73:38: ../../Singular/iparith.inc: No such file or directory

Same as above I think.

However after compilation works ok now the linker fails:
ccache gcc -o modgen -O2 -pipe

undefined reference to `build_compile_section(__sFILE64*, moddef*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Just delete the modules directories. In the new package it is not any more included. I will readd it when dynamic loading is working in the Cygwin/Windows environment.

I have changed some things and tried to compile on Windows 98 / Me / XP with new installed cygwin and all worked out fine. So I want to ask you to just delete the old source package and fetch the new one. I hope that it will compile then without any errors.

JFTR: Packages required: gcc, gmp, make, flex, bison, perl, readline,
(beside standard cygwin packages)

Sincerely,

Oliver Wienand