Re: ghostscript packages maintainer

--- Rajesh Balakrishnan wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> I am the current maintainer of the ghostscript packages.
> You are welcome to take over the ghostscript package.
>
> The current version is in sync with GNU gs-8.15.
> I shall update you with the requests/issues that I've
> received/handled regarding gs.  I haven't had the time
> to look at Yaakov's "evince" query yet.
>
> Thank you for volunteering to take over ghostscript
> maintainership.
>
> Regards,
> rb

Hm, well I guess I asked for it, didn't I?

Anyway, gnu ghostscript, by design, lags AFPL ghostscript, and is updated less
often (although it is very stable).  Has anyone looked at AFPL, to see whether
the license is acceptable for Cygwin?  I think the main issue is limitations on
commercial distribution.  If AFPL were acceptable, cygwin ghostscript could be
jumped up to a more recent release.  Debian would regard AFPL as non-free, I'm
certain, but I don't know if that is dispositive for cygwin.

jrp