Re: [g-b-s Patch] Write and save logfiles for configure/make/check/install

Charles Wilson wrote:
James R. Phillips wrote:

Interesting idea. I didn't know you could force configure/make/install to
produce log files.

Wouldn't it be better to produce a separate compressed log file archive,
distinct from the source archive? The contents of the source archive have been
previously specified.

I wouldn't worry about that. See ncurses-X.Y-Z-src.tar.bz2.... FWIW, I think this is a neat idea (and CAPS help distinguish these files from the "working" ones like xxxx.patch, xxxx.sh, etc).

I include the logs for perl in the source archive since I maintain the package. However, I use a unique name and my script takes care that the originals are not overwritten during packaging, so you are not forced to extract it again when you run into problems and need the logs handy. I.e. is it useful when you delete the build directory and logs, you will always have the reference from the actual build at the mirrors. Maybe including them into CYGWIN-PATCHES would be better than to leave them in the top sourcedir?

Gerrit -- =^..^=