RE: RFC: [ITP] Installation Profiles packages

on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 11:11 AM cxxxxx-axxx-owner@xxxxxx.com wrote:
(Hmm, outlook quotefix is better than nothing, but optimal)

<SNIP>
>> Therefore I'd like to propose an all uppercase name for this
>> category.
>>
>>   DEFAULT-PROFILES
 Hmm... "default" has little to do with packages imho, or?

>>   USER-PROFILES
 "USER" indicates something personal... :-p

John Morison wrote: (manual fix)
> +1 on the caps...
>
> How about
>
> FUNCTIONAL-[GROUPS|PROFILES]
> USEFUL-[GROUPS|PROFILES]
> PRESELECTED-[GROUPS|PROFILES|PACKAGES]

More wording ideas: SELECTION, CHOICE, PRESET, ORIENTATION

"predefined package choice" ?
"Cygwin_use-orientation-presets"?
"Cygwin-use-presets" ?
... with better wording.

AFTERTHOUGHT: The commandline "automatic install" possibilities need to be
considered before adding GUI-stuff.

--
/H