RE: [pcre] pcre-doc

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> Hello,
>
> pcre requires pcre-doc.  Isn't it possible to use pcre without having
> the docs installed?

  Well, I'd say it isn't possible to use _any_ package without RTFMing, in the
most general case!

  I think that making sure the docs get installed along with the package is
probably an effective way to reduce the amount of support calls it would
otherwise bring in to the main list.  We'd get lots of questions that we'd
have to answer with "RTFM... _what_ FM?  Oh, yes, we forgot to say that first
you have to ITFM before you can RTFM...."

  I don't think it should be made easy to install a package without also
getting its docs.  Anyone who's _desparate_ to confuse themselves can, of
course, deselect them in the chooser and then untick the "Install Missing
Dependencies" box.....  (see earlier thread!)

    cheers,
      DaveK