Re: "submission rules page" proposal number 2

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 10:33:23AM +0100, Lapo Luchini wrote:
>When you're happy with it tell me: I will integrate it with the rest of
>the HTML present in the page, in order to be uploadable in stead of the
>"old" one.

I think it is close but there are a couple of other random thing:

- The list of acceptable categories comes from the
http://cygwin.com/setup.html, not from Debian.  Adding a new package
requires discussion here first.

- Rather than saying "please avoid the package name", please make it an
imperative like "Do not use the package name".

- Should the "Do you have time to maintain the package?" question be the
very first question?

- I wonder if a summary detailing how a package gets accepted would be
useful just for reiteration:

  1) Build the package and make sure that you have time to maintain it.

  2) Send an ITP to the cygwin mailing list.  If the package is part
  of a distribution, include the URL which demonstrates this.  Include
  a setup.hint.

  3) If you have received the correct number of votes or if the package
  is part of a distribution, include URL(s) for the package binary and
  source so that someone can download them to check the package for any
  obvious problems.

  4) Once you get a GTG from a package maintainer, send a "Please upload"
  to the cygwin-apps mailing list.

  5) When you get the "uploaded" confirmation, send an immediate note to
  cygwin-announce.

Other than that this is nearly GTG, I think.