Re: [ITP] mingw-libjpeg, mingw-libpng, mingw-openssl

"Corinna Vinschen" wrote:
Charles said it all.  Thanks for the offer, but MingW packages really
don't
belong in the Cygwin distro, but in the MingW distro.

I'm sorry, but on this one I must respectfully dissagree. While Cygwin is clearly a disto, i find mingw to be more a compilation target platform. MSYS is a distro, but I don't think mingw32 is. As you probably know even Debian distributes some Mingw32 packages, as that is reasonable. Rember that cygming-special gcc's are dual target. One target is native, the other target is a cross-compilation target.

Remember that a cross-compiled target may in fact run on the same machine it
was built on,
as in the case of compiling to the same platform but a different executable
format.

Cygwin includes what is basicly a cross-compiler, so it is reasonable to
include
a base set of libraries for the target platform. That said, it is also
reasonable not to
include tose libraries.